Our professionals are integral to our success. Morris Davis Chan & Tan LLP is always searching for qualified and dedicated professional to join our practice.
Audit Manager / Senior
Audit Manager provides both leadership and supervision to audit staff and seniors and manage external audit engagements; provide detailed analysis of findings and coordinate all analytical, technical and research tasks; work with partners in the areas of risk assessment, audit plan programs and internal audit reports.
* Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or comparable subject, and a CPA
* Minimum of 6 years of related experience
* Organizational skills, including an ability to manage multiple engagements
* Willingness to work on engagements from planning to completion, with an emphasis on quality and timeliness
* Ability to identify auditing and accounting issues and to communicate them clearly and timely
* Ability to oversee all tasks associated with audit engagements, including mentoring/coaching of audit staff
* Outstanding interpersonal skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Audit Senior will work independently; creating draft audit reports for management review and assistance with daily supervision of staff are among the responsibilities. Audit senior assists managers and partners in preparing risk assessment, audit plan programs and audit reports. Audit seniors responsibilities include pre-audit planning for engagements, review of client accounting and operating procedures, performance of internal control test work, and audit test work sufficient in scope to support an audit opinion. This involves the preparation of financial statement reports, performing analytical reviews of various account balances, and preparing supporting work paper documentation. Audit senior performs technical research to solve issues that arise during the course of various audit engagements.
* Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting or related field required
* Minimum of 3 years related experience
* CPA preferred. If not a CPA, must meet educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam as outlined by the Board of Accountancy in the state of your preferred office location required
* Motivated to meet client deadlines and provide excellent client service
* Strong analytical and report writing skills required
* Comprehensive understanding of data analysis techniques
* Excellent customer service skills (internal and external)
* Creative problem solving and research skills
All applicants should e-mail resumes to email@example.com or mail to 1111 Broadway, Suite 1505, Oakland, CA 94607.